Friday, March 6, 2009

GF Chili

So Spring has almost sprung, but it's still not too late to enjoy one of our winter favorites-- Gluten Free Chili!

One cold winter night I was searching through my pantry wondering WHAT I was going to make for dinner. I am a bit of an experimenter with fancy meals and outrageous recipes, but that night I just wanted something quick and simple to make that would warm us to the bone and rid us of our winter chills. I called up a girlfriend of mine and asked for some suggestions. When she mentioned CHILI, that was all I needed to hear. I hung up the phone at got to work on what would become one of my family's favorite meals. On top of it's great taste, it's affordable and easy to make too!


What You'll Need:

1 1/2 pounds of 95% Fat Free Ground Beef

2 Cans of Red Kidney Beans
2 Cans of Pinto Beans
1 Can of Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can of Tomato Paste
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
2-3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cayanne Pepper
Salt (if needed)


What To Do:

In a large skillet, lightly brown the ground beef until cooked most of the way through. Drain the beef and return pan to the stove.

Add to beef both cans of kidney beans, pinto beans, stewed tomatoes and tomato paste. (Be sure to drain liquid from the cans of beans before mixing with beef). Stir together. Add in garlic, chili powder and cayanne pepper. Simmer on medium for about 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to seep into mixture. Remove from heat and serve. Add salt if needed.

Enjoy!


No comments:

 
Blog Redesigned: Divalicious Designs and Original designed By: Made By Lena