Thursday, October 16, 2008

Baked Apples

BAKED APPLES...YUMMY!

This is a treat I would not have thought of on my own. I went to a friends home this weekend for lunch and she prepared such a delectable spread...a traditional roasted chicken with fresh vegetables (peas & carrots), home-made apple sauce, home-made pickles, the most amazing looking home-made apple pie (which got rave reviews from the non-allergy sufferers), and for me.... a warm, sweet, Baked Apple fresh out of the oven! Let me tell you, it was AMAZING and the perfect touch of sweetness to complete the hearty meal set before me!!

I had never made Baked Apples before so I watched her carefully as she prepared the apples oh so simply. Let me tell you what she did...

Ingredients:

Apples of your choice
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon

Start by cutting out a hole in the center of the apple right where the core is. Do not cut all the way through the apple as you want to leave room for the fillings. Repeat for as many apples as you would like to prepare.

Fill in the hole with one to two scoops of brown sugar. Top with pure cinnamon and they are ready to bake.

Fill a corning ware container or baking dish with a small amount of water to line the bottom of the container. Add the apples and bake in your pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes!

ENJOY!

No comments:

 
Blog Redesigned: Divalicious Designs and Original designed By: Made By Lena